Followers

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Anything Goes DT - Add Some Metal

Good morning blogger friends...

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend. The sun has been shining here, so let's hope that spring is definitely on its way.

I had a great day on Saturday. I travelled to The Craft Den in Sheffield for an altered mirror workshop with Hels Sheridan. The workshop was fantastic. I've not done any altered art before so it did take me out of my comfort zone, but was great fun. A few of the other DT members were there too;
Nikki, Tamara and Annette, so it was lovely to meet them. Annette had even travelled from Sweden!  I mustn't forget Lynne, the owner of The Craft Den and the Anything Goes Challenge blog who was so welcoming that we could have kept on chatting all evening. 


Anyway onto this weeks challenge at Anything Goes and its
 'Add some metal'

This was the card I made Leonie for her 18th Birthday. She's mad about the Harry Potter books and films!



The images are by Tiddly Inks and are Wizard and Wizardette. 
You get two wizards, one with glasses and one without. So Harry and Ron!

I got the idea from Alyce who has done a fantastic colouring video using Wizardette to show how to colour glowing objects. As soon as I saw it I new I had to see if Tiddly Inks did a wizard image so that I could do a Harry Potter theme. I even put on a little 'Hedwig' Metal charm and the telegram he delivers.


I've coloured them with Copics :

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21
Harry's Hair: E43, E44, E47, E49
Ron's Hair: YR000, YR02, YR04, E15
Hermione's Hair: E13, E15, E18
Scarf: Y11, R15, Y17 R22, R46, R59
Capes: W1, W3, W5, W7
Trousers: C1,C3, C5, C7
Wand Glow: YG00, YG05, YG23, YG67

They were just so fun to colour too and they're my first Tiddly Inks.


The papers are Prima Rondelle and have been distressed with a Tim Holtz tool.
The flowers and leaves have all been made with dies and all the papers were edged with walnut stain.
The sentiment is from LOTV.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges...

Tiddly Inks Challenge - Distress, emboss or stitch
Dream Valley Challenges #54 - Happy Birthday
Lacy Sunshine Challenge - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Charms
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Projects with Character


Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs,
Janine x


25 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Janine. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I LOVE this image!! Your colouring looks fabulous too, brilliant 'glowing' on the wands.
You have sunshine in North Yorkshire?? Where is it?? I'm in York and it's freezing and grey skies! :-(
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

Janine, this is fabulous. Love your colouring and love the images. Have you masked them are do they come as a trio? The design, papers and embellishments are all stunning.
Hugs Sharon. x

Eileen said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Janine this is FABULOUS !!!!! Love the image and oh my your colouring is amazing. Gorgeous design and layout too.
Eileen x

Alyx said...

Fab card! Love the image and your colouring, and all the embellies are just beautiful.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Leanne said...

Thanks playing our charm challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Awesome job!

xxcalamityxx said...

Janine this is amazing I love it, think I may have to borrow the idea for a friend who loves Harry Potter too !! It was lovely to meet you on Saturday, what a brilliant way to spend a Saturday !! xhugsx Nikki

Tamie said...

A fabulous creation that is super inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your phenomenal creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! These three wizards look fabulous and I really adore your card design! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Tiddly Inks!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant card and its fabulous too.
luv
Debby

Loopylou. said...

wow Janine this card totally rocks and I love how you used Alyce's tut on the green glowies!
thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers this challenge
hugs Lou xx

coops said...

oh wow so stunning janine.your design and colouring are fantastic and i love the fab images and details :D

xx coops xx

Katie said...

This is awesome Janine- you coloring using Alyce's tutorial is stunning! I love how you incorporated Hedwig as well- just genius :) Thanks so much for playing at Tiddly Inks!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Fantastic creation, I learned alot from Alyce's video myself, so am very pleased that you tried it out! Thanks so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks. Good luck!

Vili M. said...

Stunning card. I really love the colours and all the detailing is wonderful.Thank for joining us at Tiddly Inks Challenge!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Janine. I love your colouring and all the gorgeous details you have put in to this amazing card!! Thank you so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks... Good luck honey! Xx

Anonymous said...

How fab is this little trio?! Your colouring is wonderful especially the glowing bits - love it!
Kat x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I love all your wonderful green highlights and your details are just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks for our "Distress, Emboss or Stitch" challenge :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

OH OH OH!!! amaaaaazing!!! I think you have done such a great job of this and I am so happy that you liked the tutorial!! totally rocked the colouring and love all of the embellies on here :) thanks so much for playing at tiddlyinks this week! :D

Larissa said...

Very pretty card and such nice colouring. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Jude said...

Janine this is brilliant! I loved the Harry Potter series. I may have to hunt down these images for my sons birthday card. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Jude xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, love the colouring! Thank you so much for joining us at the Sarah Hurley challenge Blog!!

Annette said...

Hi, sweet teamie! Wow! I absolutely LOVE your card! Your colouring is breathtaking and I love that glow.
Sorry I haven't been around sooner :( I just want to say it was so lovely to meet you and I think we had so much fun! We have to do it again :)
Lots of hugs!

Jessica said...

Simply stunning - thanks so much for taking part in the Sarah Hurley Challenge. Jess xxx

Clare Brown said...

gorgeous card, love all the dies cuts you have used. Goodluck at Sarah Hurley Challenges

Rita said...

Hi Janine, what a fab card ! I love everything about it, so much so that I have bought the digi's and I am going to make a Birthday card for my Grandson, he is a Harry Potter fan. Please Janine, if it isn't too much trouble for you could you give a me a bit of help with how to make the Telegram? Kind regards, Rita.