Followers

Friday 4 January 2013

Saturated Canary - Jules




Good evening blogger friends ....

Well I'm well and truly fed up with this decorating. It's one of those jobs that the more you do.....the more needs doing. When I steamed off the 30 year old paper it brought off bits of paint from underneath too. However, it was just in patches. I've tried sanding by hand and with all sorts of hubbies electric gadgets. The first coat of paint has gone on and it looks awful. I'm going to try another coat over the weekend and if it still looks naff it looks like I'll have to line it or paper it before painting. The drops down the stairs are enormous because it's a Victorian house with high ceilings! Fingers crossed the second coat evens it out.

Today I have a card for you that I've made for a friends daughter. She'll be 17, but is still made about Marie the cat from Disney's Aristocats. I've chosen Saturated Canary 'Jules'. These images are just so fun to colour and Krista has so many to choose from.



The papers are from First Edition - 'Sweet Owl' collection. 
The ribbon was made after following a tutorial on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/HowToMakeHairBows). I'm really pleased with the outcome.

I've coloured her with copics. Oh, my new copics came today so that cheered me up. He he.


This is the first time that I've tried a dotted outline. I really like the effect so I think you'll be seeing it a lot more on my cards.

Copics Used:

Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R30
Pinks: R85, R83, R81, RV000
Browns: E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Greys: C00, C0, C1
Hair: E35, E43, E44, E50, E51, E53
Background: W00, W0, W1


The LOTV sentiment has been stamped onto a Doo Hickey die cut cloud and the flower ribbon is from The Hobby House. I've decorated the inside to compliment the front.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Saturated Canary Challenge #34 - Song Inspiration (Everybody Wants to be a Cat - Aristocats film)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes


Thanks for dropping by - Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs,
Janine x




10 comments:

Eileen said...

This is gorgeous Janine. Love this image and you have coloured her perfectly. Great layout, design, papers and embellies. I sure she will love it
Eileen x

Anita said...

Oh goodness...this is just too cute! The image is just as adorable as it gets, and I love the pink and brown together. Such fabulous work!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card Janice, those colours are gorgeous. And that image is fab.

Good luck with the painting, hope it goes on well this coat

Hugs Kelly

coops said...

oh wow so stunning janine.gorgeous pretty colours and i love the sc image :D

xx coops xx

Bananastamper said...

Wow - beautiful image and fantastic colouring! A beautiful card!
Shanna
p.s. I am your newest follower. :)

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time hugs Pops x x x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous, thank you for joining us at Crafting Lifes Pieces this time hugs Pops x x x

Christine L said...

Hi Janine

Just having a peek through your blog and came across this little beauty.... sooooo gorgeous, just had to say I love it!! Perfect colouring, layout and that rose trimming really finishes it off well. I'm also going to pop over to the link you've given about the bow too.

If you love pink by the way... I also host a challenge blog called 'In The Pink'... where our main requirement for entrants is to use loads of pink on their cards... Pop over and take a look if you like... you can see the link on my own blog.

Big hugs
Christine x

Kate said...

So pretty with all that pink. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **

Uta said...

Wow, your card is so lovely. I love this image and your coloring looks so fantastiv. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta