Followers

Sunday 16 December 2012

LOTV Festive Fairy...

Good morning everyone. Hope you're having a great weekend.
Took Frazer to Sheffield Institute of Sport yesterday for a day of Volleyball training and whilst I was there I popped in to Meadowhall shopping Centre for a spot of Christmas shopping. Just a few more bits and bobs to get and then I'm there!

Another Christmas card to show you today. This one's a cute LOTV image - Festive Fairy. I've been wanting to buy here for ages and I'm so glad I did. This is her first inking and it will definitely not be her last!




The image was one of my first attempts at colouring with distress inks and I'm quitte pleased with the results. I must admit I've gone back to my copics for the moment, but I shall give DIs another go. Practice makes perfect, so they say.

Here's a close up of her. She's just such a cute image!


Distress inks I've used:

Skin: Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo,& Aged Mahogany
Clothes: Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany & Old Paper
Wings: Tattered Rose
Leaves: Peeled Paint & Forest Moss
Berries: Barn Door
Ribbon: Fired Brick
Snow: Weathered Wood
Outline: Tumbled Glass


I've used the lovely seem binding I got from Live & Love Crafts to finish off the tag and decorated the tree with some rhinestones and snowtex. I've never used that before, it's weired stuff, but very effective. I think I'm going to need to buy some more of those lovely Chrysanthemums from Live and Love Crafts because I can't stop adding them to my cards.

Tools Used:
Go Kreste Concentric Tags #1
Memory Box Holly Vine
Marianne Creatables Tree LR0136


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Lilis Little Fairies - Something New (Ribbon, Snowtex & LR0136 die)
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Label/Tag big or small
Anything Goes Challenge #82 - Traditional Christmas Colours
Deep Ocean Challenge - So this is Christmas
Allsorts Challenge week 185 - Oh Christmas Tree



Thanks so much for dropping by and the lovely comments you leave.

Off to 'Santa Sunday Lunch' soon. Hope to pop round and visit you when I get back.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Big Hugs,
Janine x

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to get those lovely signatures with the flowers and butterflies that I keep seeing I'd love to make one - Mine's just plain boring!  Thanks x




12 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, Janine, that is such a pretty Christmas card.
Hugs
Jane

Jenny said...

Beautiful Colouring, beautiful card! Stunning :) Jen xx

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful Janine...and here is a link to some pretty signatures..

http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/custom-digital-designs-custom-watermarks-c-118_181_183.html

big hugs Vicky xx

pinky said...

Janine this is so so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Janine and wonderful image too.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Your card is totally delightful Jeanine, from the pretty seasonal DP's right through to the beautifully coloured image.

It's great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much to joining in.

B x

coops said...

so beautiful janine.gorgeous pretty details and colours and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card - stunning colouring.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Craftnut said...

Hi Janine, lovely card and colouring. Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts this week. Happy Christmas. Tracy x

Squirrel x said...

Oh this is just gorgeous hun, thanks for sharing your new stamp with us at Lili's Little Fairies for our Something New challenge. Hugs, Fairy Squirrel xx

Katie said...

This is absolutely stunning! Your DI coloring is gorgeous and I love the layout. Perfect use of all those yummy embellishments too :) Hugs, Katie

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Super gorgeous card, I love everything about it, the image is so cute, the layout is fab and the papers and flowers are to die for
Thanks for taking part in our winter challenge over at Fashionista and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Forever Friends DT member
Brown Sugar Challlenges DT member
OSAAT DT member